Popeye's Pork and Cherry Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 par-baked pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1 cup thinly slice onion
- 6 ounces pork tenderloin
- 3 ounces dried tart cherries
- 8 ounces fresh spinach stems removed, torn
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- Sauté onions in ¼ cup butter until carmelized; cool
- Cook pork tenderloin until done; cool and slice thin
- Plump dried tart cherries in hot water for one hour until tender, drain.
- Sauté spinach in ¼ cup butter until wilted; squeeze out extra liquid.
- Brush olive oil evenly over pizza crust.
- Spread onions and spinach over pizza crust.
- Arrange slices of pork and cherries over onions and spinach.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese over all.
- Bake 450 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish top of pie with bacon and scallion before serving.