Portobello & Peppers
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella (or mozzarella/provolone blend)
- In a large saute pan set over medium high heat, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add red and green bell peppers, the mushroom slices and garlic to the pan.
- Stir and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the peppers soften a bit. This is the prep.
- To order, brush the pizza shell with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the crust.
- Add the cooked mixture of peppers and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella.