Potato and Poblano Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 12-ounce dough ball
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 whole poblano pepper
- 4 ounces thinly cut potato (about 1 whole red potato or purple potato or ½ a sweet potato or russet)
- 2 ounces grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 ounce garlic oil (about 1 teaspoon minced garlic in 1 oz extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- On a slice or mandolin, thinly slice potatoes, about an ⅛ inch thick. Place in cold water.
- Roast poblano pepper (toss in olive oil, place on sheet tray and cook at 400 degree F for 20 minutes or until blistered.
- Take poblano out of oven, cover for 15 minutes, then peel and de-seed.
- Roughly chop chives.
- Assemble Pizza: Push out dough ball.
- Evenly distribute cheese.
- Place poblanos on top of cheese in long strips.
- Scatter potatoes oven pizza, alternating types.
- Drizzle garlic oil on top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle on Pecorino Romano, making sure to add a heavy amount on the potatoes surface so that it bakes on with the garlic oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Take pizza out of the oven and scatter on chives and goat cheese.
- Eat and enjoy!