San Giovanni's Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 14-inch pizza shell
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow or Spanish onion
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped ripe Roma tomatoes, or canned plum tomatoes, squeezed dry & chopped
- ¾ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup diced caciocavallo
- Olive oil
- Sheet the dough and put on a screen or pan.
- Brush the dough lightly with olive oil.
- Pinch the edges of the dough to form a raised edge.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion.
- Saute the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be prepped up to this point and held.
- Spread half of the breadcrumbs over the pizza crust.
- Spread tomato sauce over the breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle on the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pizza.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the cheese.