Shaved Asparagus and Egg Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 cup asparagus, shaved
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup bacon, crumbled
- Squeeze of lemon
- Grated Parmesan
- ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring pot to boil and blanch shaved asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes, then
- immediately transfer to cold water bath and dry.
- Place shaved asparagus into a bowl and mix with ½ tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Stretch dough ball into 12-inch disc.
- Spread olive oil over entire dough.
- Sprinkle minced garlic around pizza.
- Add mozzarella, leaving a ¼-inch edge.
- Evenly distribute shaved asparagus, leaving a 2-inch diameter on both sides of the center, building “nests” for the cracked eggs to be added later.
- Bake until cheese just begins to brown.
- Remove from oven, distribute crumbled bacon.
- Crack one egg on each side in the “nests”.
- Return to oven and continue baking until egg whites are soft and yolk is still runny.
- Remove from oven and dust with Parmesan, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cut in 4 slices, splitting the yolks for each piece.