Shrimp and Black Bean Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ pound fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 14-inch pizza shell
- 6 extra-large (16-20 per pound) shrimp, shelled, cut in half lengthwise, rinsed under cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, cumin, chipotle peppers, plum tomatoes, and scallions.
- Add the olive oil and toss to combine.
- Spread the bean mixture evenly over the crust up to the border.
- Arrange the shrimp evenly over the beans.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro.