Spicy Sausage and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Serves: One 12-inch pizza
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- ½ cup spicy sausage, cooked and drained
- 2½ ounces fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup mild banana peppers
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6-8 basil leaves, for garnish
- Stretch dough out to desired size.
- Drizzle olive oil, beginning in the middle and spiraling out.
- Use a pastry brush to paint the ends of the dough with oil.
- Spread garlic and sausage around the pizza, followed by sun-dried tomatoes, banana peppers and shredded mozzarella.
- Crumble goat cheese around the pizza.
- Bake at 450 F until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and tear the fresh basil over top of the pizza.
- Cut and serve.