The Belgium Bombshell
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizzas
- 16- to 19-ounce proprietary dough ball capable of making a 14-inch round
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 1 large shallot sliced thinly
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- ½ cup Asiago
- ½ cup aged provolone
- 5 ounces sliced Canadian bacon
- 4-5 ounces ripe blackberries (should be about 25)
- 2 ounces of toasted pine nuts
- Gently sauté shallots in butter for 4 minutes to just wilt. Reserve shallots for topping.
- Heat the maple syrup slowly in a small pan.
- When almost bubbling, add the rosemary sprigs and keep on low heat for 4 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep in the pan to cool and macerate flavors.
- Bang out a 14-inch disc and sprinkle the Parmesan, Asiago and provolone on the dough.
- Add shallots and sliced Canadian bacon on the cheese.
- Toss the blackberries in the maple syrup and place around the pizza.
- Place in a 475 F oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Pour the rest of the maple syrup on the pie and sprinkle with the pine nuts and some added small rosemary leaves.