Sweet Potato Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
Sweet Potato Prep: Using a vegetable cutter or sharp mandolin, peel and cut the sweet potatoes thinly. Immediately immerse in a pizza pan with 8 cups water, juice of 1 lemon (to combat oxidation blackness), 1 cup of maple syrup and a dash of vanilla extract and cinnamon and roast in an oven at 475 F for 15 to 20 minutes until the slices are just cooked when poked with a knife. (This is important because the slices will fall apart if cooked too much.) Pull the pan out and let sit on a table to cool off — this will cook the potato slices more.
- 6 ounces grated Fontina cheese
- 12 ounces par-cooked sweet potato chips
- 2 ounces sliced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped rosemary
- 3 slices (4½ ounces) of thick cut bacon cut into lardons or matchsticks
- 6 ounces of whole milk ricotta
- 1 ounce diced red pepper
- Using your proprietary large pizza dough ball, create a 14-inch pizza round.
- Top with the fontina cheese, rosemary, sweet potato, onion, bacon and ricotta.
- Bake in a 475 F deck oven for 12 minutes until bacon has cooked and crust golden brown.
- Garnish with dice red pepper.