The Nay-Nay (Chicken Spinach Pan Pizza)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 12-ounce dough ball
- ¾ pound shredded chicken
- ½ cup of Giovanni’s Aurora Sauce (recipe at PizzaToday.com/recipes/sauces/)
- 1 dozen fresh, large spinach leaves, stems removed
- 5 sweet piquante peppers, halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 ½ cups shredded
- Grated Parmesan, for dusting
- Butter a round pan.
- Place dough ball in pan and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Push center of dough ball to edge evenly. Allow dough to continue to rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Spread extra virgin olive oil over pizza crust.
- Top with half of the shredded mozzarella.
- Par-bake for 6 minutes.
- After par-bake, spread Aurora Sauce, leaving ¼ inch around the edge.
- Cover pizza with a layer of whole spinach leaves, then shredded chicken.
- Top with remainder of mozzarella, then evenly distribute red onions and peppers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then top with grated Parm.