Pancetta Pizza Giardiniera
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 1 12-inch pizza shell
- 7 slices provolone (or 5 ounces shredded)
- ½ cup giardiniera, excess oil drained
- ½ pound cooked pancetta, diced
- 5 slices provolone (or 3 ounces shredded)
- Lay the slices of provolone over crust, up to ½-inch of the crust edge.
- Combine the drained giardiniera with the cooked pancetta and spread this mixture evenly over the layer of cheese up to ½-inch of the crust edge.
- Lay remaining 5 slices of provolone evenly over the pancetta/giardiniera mixture.
- Bake pizza until top layer of cheese melts into the giardiniera and the cheese takes on brown speckles.