Trending Recipe: Broccoli Rabe Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 dough ball that makes a 12-inch pizza
- 6 ounces shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 2 ounces shredded provolone
- 4 to 5 ounces cleaned and trimmed broccoli rabe
- 4 ounces fresh Italian sausage (pinched dime size pieces)
- 3 ounces Alfredo sauce or béchamel (optional)
- Pinch of crushed red peppers
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil (for sauté)
- Garlic oil (for finish)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Broccoli Rabe preparation: In a small size pot, bring water to boil.
- Blanch the broccoli rabe then pat dry before being sautéed.
- In a small size pan heat olive oil and lightly sauté the broccoli rabe for 1 minute.
- Salt and pepper the broccoli rabe and set aside. Broccoli rabe should be bright green and slightly firm.
- I prefer Alfredo sauce on this pizza. It really makes the pizza pop with flavor. Alfredo is a combination of butter, heavy cream and Parmesan.
- Shape and stretch your dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Add the provolone and mozzarella leaving a half-inch border.
- Add the hand-pinched sausage evenly over your pizza.
- Place pizza into the oven.
- Half way through the cook time place broccoli rabe on top of your pizza, then place pizza back into the oven.
- Take your pizza out of the oven when it is ready.
- Cut into six slices.
- Finish with a warm drizzle of Alfredo or béchamel sauce, crushed red pepper, garlic oil, and fresh lemon.