Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 16-ounce pizza dough
- 16 pre-cooked large shrimp
- 5 calamari (tube only and sliced)
- 4 anchovies, diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, shredded
- ½ ounce pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 ounces cooked bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 10 Calibrasi olives, pitted and cut in half
- 6 basil leaves, sliced
- 2 cherry peppers, diced
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce sherry wine
- Salt, pinch
- Black pepper, pinch
- Oregano, pinch
- In a saute pan, combine olive oil, chopped garlic, diced cherry peppers and chopped anchovies.
- Cook until garlic turns golden brown, then add sherry wine.
- Add diced tomatoes and half the sliced basil.
- Add pinch of oregano, salt & black pepper.
- Cook 6-8 min.
- Add sliced calamari and shrimp and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove pan fro heat and separate calamari and shrimp from sauce.
- Form dough into 16-inch shell and put on peel.
- Add sauce, spreading evenly over shell.
- Add shredded mozzarella, cooked calamari and shrimp.
- Add cooked bacon and Calibrasi olives.
- Top with pecorino Romano and Gorgonzola cheeses.
- Cook pizza in 475 F oven for 10-12 min.
- Remove and garnish with remaining basil.