Roasted Garlic Cloves
Author: Pizza Today
- 2 cups (14 ounces or about 135 cloves) raw, skinned garlic cloves (If they are small, use less time to cook.)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola-olive oil blend
- Pour garlic cloves into a pan and toss with half the oil.
- Cook in your conveyor or deck oven for 7 minutes at 475 F.
- Take out and toss the garlic again.
- It will start to color but still be hard.
- Pour the rest of the oil in the pan.
- Set aside for the garlic to cool.
- After 15 minutes, toss again and cook for another 4 to 7 minutes.
- The garlic will now be golden brown and soft to the touch.
- Separate the oil from the garlic using a colander with a bowl below it to catch the oil.
- Uses: Reserve the garlic for bread dough, toppings or this Avalanche Garlic Pudding
- recipe. Cool the oil to infuse any liquids, pizzas or breads with that great garlic taste.