Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
Courtesy of William Manzo, Jr. Federal Hill Pizza, Warren, RI
- 4 ounces fresh dough
- 3 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces mixed nuts
- 2 ounces Nutella
- 2 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar infused with fig
- 1 gallon corn oil (for frying)
- Take your ricotta, sugar, mascarpone and vanilla extract and mix together in a mixing bowl.
- Place in refrigerator until needed.
- Place your oil into a pot and heat until it reaches 350 F.
- Place the dough into hot oil until it reaches a golden tan, then place on paper towel and rest for 5 minutes.
- After cooling, place dough on plate and spread Nutella and the ricotta mixer over it.
- Next, cover the top of the cheese with the nuts and dust with powdered sugar.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top and serve.