Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: soups
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- Tomato juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except tomato juice.
- Let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place ingredients in food processor with enough tomato juice to help blending.
- Puree to desired consistency, adding more tomato juice when needed.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Serve in chilled bowl with one to two pieces of thick, crusty bread on side.
- Garnish with fresh basil.