Insalata di Patate
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped oil-cured olives
- 20-25 slices pepperoni, each cut into four pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in cold water, bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes can be pierced with a knife, about 18 minutes.
- Drain, let cool and cut into ¼-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onion, bell pepper, olives and pepperoni.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.