Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- ½ pound good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3-1/2 pounds extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, bruised (peel and smash gently with a knife)
- ¼ ounce freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ ounce salt (more to taste if desired)
- 1 ounce Dijon mustard
- nIn a large non-reactive (non-metal) container (jug or jar), combine the vinegar and oil.
- Add the garlic.
- Let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Strain out or remove the garlic cloves.
- Add the pepper, salt and mustard.
- Beat to combine.
- Store in a cool place (do not refrigerate).
- Shelf life: one week.
- Options to consider for this dressing: add dried oregano and dried basil to taste.