Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed tightly, chopped finely
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, basil leaves, vinegar, and sugar.
- In a thin stream, add the oil, whisking constantly until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for one hour and then strain.
- Use at once or refrigerate, covered.