Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into rings
- 36 ounces thinly sliced rib eye steak
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 6 crusty Italian rolls
- In a large skillet or saute pan set over medium-high heat, saute the onion in 3 tablespoons of oil until tender.
- Remove the onions and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and saute the steak until it is just cooked through.
- Put a slice of cheese on each roll, then add six ounces of meat to each roll.
- Top the meat with the sauteed onions.
- Serve with sweet and hot peppers or fried mushrooms.