Quick and Easy Creamy Caesar Dressing
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled and put through a garlic press
- 12 (scant) cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or large stainless steel bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, Worchestershire sauce, anchovy paste and cheese until well blended.
- With motor of food processor running, or whisking constantly, add the oil in a thin stream until it is incorporated. The dressing should have a light, mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Refrigerate, covered.
- Shelf life is about 7 days.
- Remove from cooler about 1 hour before service.
- To finish, use crisp, clean, romain lettuce, lightly chopped.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing (to taste) and the croutons.
- Serve each portion on a chilled salad plate. Garnish with additional Parmesan.
- Lay two achovy filets crosswise over the greens.
- Presto! You've got a perfect Caesar salad.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Make your own croutons by using day-old bread. Cut into cubes. Lay the croutons out in one layer on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven.