Roasted Portobello Salad
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms (1½ pounds), stems trimmed
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces bleu cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking to emulsify.
- Set aside ½ cup dressing to toss with the greens.
- Place mushrooms, stem side up, on baking sheet. Coat both sides with some of the remaining dressing.
- Roast mushrooms, occasionally brushing with more dressing, until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Toss the mixed greens, onion and cheese with reserved dressing.
- Cut portobellos ½-inch thick, and arrange a few slices over each serving.