Feta & Sun-dried Tomato Focaccia
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: breads
Serves: ½ sheet pan
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 1½ tablespoons yeast
- 2¼ cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water and yeast.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- When the yeast is bubbly, add a cup of the flour and the salt; stir. Mixture should be smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add the olive oil, fresh herbs, sun-dried tomato, artichoke hearts and feta to the
- water and flour mixture.
- Stir using a wooden spoon.
- Add the rest of the flour while stirring. Dough should be slightly sticky and wet. Do not knead the dough.
- In a separate greased mixing bowl (grease mixing bowl with extra virgin olive oil), place dough and cover with plastic wrap.
- Put dough in a warm area and let rise until double, about an hour.
- Punch down dough after it has risen.
- Put dough on a greased sheet pan and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of dough with sea salt and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When finished baking, let focaccia cool for 10 minutes before serving.