Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 4 #10 cans concentrated, crushed tomatoes, or pizza sauce with basil
- ¼ cup oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in the bottom of a larger pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook one minute or until the garlic just begins to color (don't let it brown)
- Add the tomatoes and oregano.
- Bring to a bubble over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer about 30 minutes or until the tomatoes turn red-orange.
- Season with salt and pepper.