Uncooked Tomato Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 6 large, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, and minced
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- For bruschetta, spread some if the sauce on the slices on grilled or toasted Italian bread.
- Garnish with a light drizzle of extra-virgin olive