I’ve got some pretty big news that I’m pumped to share in a time where we all need positive news: Trade Association Business Publications International (TABPI) has released this year’s TABBIE Award winners. The prestigious TABBIEs, now in their 17th year, honor the top writing, design, photography and industry coverage from business-to-business publications around the globe. And I’m very proud to say that Pizza Today magazine took home a record total of 10 TABBIEs, making it the most-awarded trade publication in the entire world for this year!
We don’t produce this magazine to win awards. We produce it to give the pizza industry — the best industry on the planet! — critical knowledge that helps pizzeria owners thrive. The awards are merely a byproduct of working diligently each and every day to help you as much as possible.
With that said, it’s always nice to receive recognition and validation from your colleagues. We strive to be the best in the world at what we do. It’s a mission we take seriously. As you can tell, I’m really proud of my crew. Denise Greer, Katie Wilson and Josh Keown work very hard to help make this magazine for you (as well as a variety of other projects that come out of the Pizza Today office). So when you see them at Pizza Expo 2021, please give them a socially distanced air high-five! (What strange times we’re living in…)
In case you were wondering, here’s a look at the honors the magazine received:
• Best Single Issue, Top 25 — Honorable Mention. Denise Greer, Katie Wilson, Josh Keown, Jeremy White.
• Feature Article, Top 25 — Jeremy White, Honorable mention for a feature on MozzaPi pizzeria in Louisville, KY.
• Best B2B Website — GOLD. Denise Greer, Josh Keown, Katie Wilson, Jeremy White.
• Best Use of Social Media — Silver. Denise Greer, Josh Keown, Katie Wilson, Jeremy White.
• Best e-Newsletter — GOLD. Denise Greer and Jeremy White.
• Best Editor’s Column — Jeremy White, Silver for “What Inspires You?”
• Best Focus/Profile Article — Jeremy White, Honorable Mention for a profile of Louisiana pizzeria owner Mitch Rotolo, Jr.
• Best Feature Design — Josh Keown, GOLD for his treatment/design of an article on NYC pizzerias.
Editor In Chief