Ways to Show Appreciation this Mother’s Day at your Restaurant
Invite moms to spend Mother’s Day 2022 on Sunday, May 8th at your pizzeria. Moms love pizza and family. Pizza is the perfect shared food to celebrate the occasion.
Mother’s Day at Restaurants: The Stats
Plan accordingly. To help, National Restaurant Association released a new survey about Mother’s Day dining habits. Many moms want to let restaurants do the cooking on their special day, according to the National Restaurant Association survey. Four in 10 consumers plan to go out to or order in from a local restaurant.
How will you commemorate the day? NRA asked what consumers are looking for. Here’s how they responded:
- 46% looking for special Mother’s Day menus
- 44% hoping for a free add-in for mom, such as a special cocktail, dessert, flowers, or chocolates
- 41% looking for a Mother’s Day discount
What about takeout or delivery? NRA found the following:
- 51% hoping for a free add-in for mom, such as a special cocktail, dessert, flowers, or chocolates
- 49% looking for free or discounted delivery
- 44% wanting multi-course meal bundles
Which daypart should you focus on?
NRA’s survey discovered 48% of individuals plan to go out for lunch, 45% plan to go out for dinner. The remainder are looking to celebrate at brunch or breakfast.
6 Ways to Show Appreciation this Mother’s Day
Now, let’s look at a few marketing and promotion ideas you can show Appreciation this Mother’s Day at your pizzeria.
- Showcase the moms that work at your restaurant on social and on digital boards, if available.
- Offer a discount or free meal to moms when group of four dine in.
- Create a Mother’s Day Family bundle with apps, pizza, desserts and drinks.
- Do a callout on social for people to tag their moms and nominate them to receive ______ (i.e. pizza bundle, free pizzas, special gift.) Draw winner(s) on Mother’s Day.
- Create a “mom”-inspired Pizza of the Day. Blast it on social.
- Do a gift card trade with another business and run giveaways on Mother’s Day. Don’t forget to promote beforehand by doing shared posts with the partnering business.
Mother’s Day Hashtags
Try adding some hashtags to your Mother’s Day promotions and posts. Don’t forget to create your own hashtags to honor moms like #momlove____pizzeria. Here are a few popular Mother’s Day hashtags: