Celebrate May Holidays at your Pizzeria
May is filled with holidays and observances to mark on your calendar and market at your restaurant. Let’s look at the big pizza-related holiday coming up that you need to plan for.
19 (Third Friday)
National Pizza Party Day
Pizza Parties are a significant revenue driver. Go big for National Pizza Party Day. Encourage your customers to gather friends and family and throw a pizza party. Here are a few ways to celebrate and market National Pizza Party Day:
- Partner with a local party supply company and throw a big giveaway for the Ultimate Pizza Party.
- Create a theme and a custom hashtag and encourage customers to participate and share on social. Think pajama jam, throwback, beach, disco, etc.
- Create a festival party on your patio.
- Coordinate with area businesses and organizations to celebrate with their employees and customers.
- Bring back the pizza-making kits for ONE NIGHT ONLY.
- Do a Special Promotion for those who preorder their Pizza Party by a certain date.
- Create a Pizza Pairing Package with beer or wine, apps and dessert.
- Pick a charity/organization to give a pizza party to.
Other May Holidays and Observances
May is also home to other food and business holidays and observances that your pizzeria can take part in. A “can’t miss” day is Mother’s Day. Pizza is the perfect family meal. Be sure you are marketing to moms and families to celebrate at your restaurant. Here’s a list of some of May’s holidays and observances:
April 30- May 6
National Small Business Week
Cinco de Mayo
American Craft Beer Week
National Barbecue Day
National Wine Day