Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 12 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, halved, patted dry
- Oil for deep-frying
- Orange aioli dipping sauce*
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and egg.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Do not overmix. Let the batter sit for about 20 minutes.
- Oil for deep-frying should be 375 F.
- Dip each artichoke heart in the batter and then in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with the orange aioli dipping sauce.