Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 2 pounds squid rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in deep fryer to 375 F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Toss the squid rings in the flour mixture to coat.
- Shake to remove excess flour (putting the squid rings in a sieve or strainer makes this go easier).
- Drop the squid rings in the hot oil and fry for no longer than 2 minutes (overcooking turns delicate rings into chewy rubber).
- Remove from the fryer and drain.
- Serve with lemon wedges and warm marinara dipping sauce.
- For added interest, sprinkle each serving with finely chopped parsley.
- COOK' NOTE: Add 2 teaspoons paprika to the flour mixture to enhance the color of the finished product.