Frittata verdure (vegetable omelet)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup cooked broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- ½ cup liquid eggs
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Using an 8-inch nonstick omelet pan, warm the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini and scallions to the pan.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper and thyme to the pan. Cook as you would for a regular omelet.
- When the bottom of the omelet is set, sprinkle the top with the cheese and slip the pan under the broiler.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese and finish cooking the eggs. Or, flip the omelet in the pan and finish it off on the stovetop.