Get the Spicy Apple Chips Recipe
Apple chips are versatile. You can go savory, spicy or sweet. Go crazy and do all three. Here is a savory and spicy version. Be sure to try your own mix. Just like potato chips. people can’t get enough apple chips.
This version gives a spicy Mexican flavor to the apple chips. Tajin seasoning gives a mix of chili peppers, sea salt and lime. Heat it up with crushed or ground hot peppers flakes.
Here is the base Spicy Apple Chips recipe to work from:
- 2 apples
- Tajin Seasoning
- Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice apples thinly using a Mandolin.
- Immediately fry until golden. Or, if you are prepping apples ahead, place apple slices into a bath of ¼ teaspoon of salt blended with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes, drain and store in refrigerator for later use.
- Once the apples have fried, drain excess oil.
- Place in bowl and sprinkle Tajin chili/lime seasoning, crack black pepper and cilantro and toss.