Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge, for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray your pizza pan with cooking spray — you want it to gently slide out.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat on high until combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla extract, and mix on high until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, add the chocolate chips. Dough will be thick and soft.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the pizza pan and flatten out with your fingers or a rubber spatula until the edges reach the sides (or just about to the sides).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on top.
- Tap pan on table.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes or two.
- Top immediately with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream (or gelato!) and drizzle with hot fudge.
- Serve immediately.