Adaptation of Enrico's San Francisco Sour Dough Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- For the sour dough starter:
- 20 grams fresh yeast
- 6 cups water at 70 degrees
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 pounds, 13 ounces durum wheat or fine semolina flour
- 1 pound, 8 ounces all purpose flour
- 4 ½ ounces salt
- Mix all of the above together in a large bowl and let rise at room temperature for 24 hours.
- The sponge should have large bubbles and have risen forming strings
- Add the remaining ingredients:
- grams fresh yeast
- ¾ cups water
- pounds, 4 ounces all purpose flour
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients well with the starter and let rise in the refrigerator for 24 hours longer.
- Punch down the dough and form into the desired dough ball size.
- Let the dough ball sit out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before stretching.
- For the best results, bake in a wood fired pizza oven.