Big Daves Pan Pizza Dough Recipe
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough
- 2½ pounds vegetable oil
- 16 ounces sugar
- 12 ounces salt
- 8 ounces PZ-44 dough conditioner
- 25½ pounds water at 70-75 F
- 45 pounds white flour
- 1 pound of whole wheat flour
- 14 ounces instant dry yeast
- Pour water in mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and salt in bowl. Stir with a wire whip for 10 seconds
- Let rest for 2 minutes. Stir again.
- Add 2½ pounds vegetable oil, stir again.
- Pour in both flours.
- Sprinkle yeast and PZ-44 on top.
- Start mixer on low speed and raise bowl.
- Mix for 9 minutes, low speed.
- Bench work:
- Dump the batch on a floured bench.
- Core temperature should be 85 – 90 F.
- Slice mass into 5-6 logs.
- Sprinkle flour on all surfaces.
- Cut and weigh dough balls.
- ounces for small and 20 ounces for large size pizza.
- Roll loose-floured dough balls, flatten and run through the sheeter.
- Place the flattened dough balls into greased Crisco (butter flavor) pans.
- Cover and place pans in a warm spot to proof until dough doubles in size.
- Refrigerate and use within 24 to 36 hours.