Garlic & Olive Focaccia
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 6 ounces yeast
- 1 pound, 8 ounces warm water (120 F)
- 11 pounds, 10 ounces bread flour
- 3 pounds, 12 ounces water (var.)
- 1 pound, 8 ounces whole eggs
- 1 pound, 6 ounces olive oil
- 5 ounces sugar
- 5 ounces salt
- 2 pounds, 2 ounces chopped garlic
- 2 pounds, 2 ounces chopped ripe olives
- Stir yeast into warm water and let rest 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, water, eggs, olive oil and sugar, and mix into well-developed dough.
- Add the salt, garlic and olives and mix only enough to disperse evenly in the dough.
- Allow the dough to ferment to a full rise, punch down, and continue fermentation for about one-third the time it took to reach full rise.
- Scale into 12-ounce units and round.
- Cover, and rest 10 to 20 minutes.
- Sheet or press out into rounds.
- Proof, and then slash the top diagonally.
- Wash generously with olive oil and sprinkle on coarse salt.
- Bake at 400 F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until done.