Perfect a New York-style Pizza Dough Recipe
NY-style pizza is the No. 1 pizza style in America. Get the New York-style Pizza Dough Recipe. New York style pizza crust is a thin, crispy, light and foldable.
NY-Style Pizza Dough
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
Serves: 30 pounds of dough
- 20 pounds all-purpose flour, 13-14 percent protein content
- 2 ½ tablespoons dry yeast (instant)
- 5 ounces salt
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 10 ½ pounds water
- Pour the flour in the mixing bowl, then add the yeast to the flour.
- Add the salt.
- Combine the olive oil and water.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add the oil/water mixture in a steady stream.
- Mix for 7 to 8 minutes at medium speed until the dough cleans the sides of the mixing bowl and is soft and pliable.
- Scale and ball the dough to the required sizes.
- Retard the balls of dough in the cooler, covered, for 2 to 3 days to age it.
- Take the balls of dough, as needed, out of the cooler at least one hour before rolling and stretching.