Smoke’s Detroit-Style Dough Recipe
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough
Serves: makes 4, 8x10 DSP
- High-gluten flour – 16 ounces
- Bread flour — 8 ounces
- Water (Filtered) — 15.5 ounces
- Diastatic malt — 7 grams
- Sea salt — 7 grams
- Extra virgin olive oil — 14 grams
- Active Dry Yeast — 4 grams
- Detroit-style pizza pan 8- by 10-inch, add vegetable shortening to interior of pan.
- Combine flours and malt in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk 5 ounces of water with the yeast.
- Start mixer on low speed. Add ADY/water mixture.
- Slowly add remaining water.
- Increase mixing speed to medium; mix for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add sea salt and mix until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add extra virgin olive oil, mix until combined (about 2-3 minutes).
- Cover dough and allow to rest at room temperature for two hours.
- Then refrigerate dough for 17 to 24 hours.
- After that, portion dough into 8.5 ounce dough balls and push dough in pan.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature before the par bake.