Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded ¼-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 tablespoon white onion, minced finely
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 11 fresh basil, chiffonade
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- Place tomatoes cut side up on non-stick baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt and place in 200 F oven 3 to 4 hours.
- Julienne lengthwise.
- Mix cream cheese with 1 tablespoon lemon juice until thoroughly combined.
- Form into log, wrap with plastic wrap and chill.
- Stir salt and sugar in 1 quart of water until dissolved, add chicken and set for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken over hot coals just until done (165 F), set aside and keep warm. Chicken may be sautéed with small amount of olive oil until nicely brown and cooked through.
- In medium sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter with garlic and onion until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add wine and lemon juice and simmer to reduce by half.
- Add basil, tomatoes and capers.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Add remaining butter 2 tablespoons at a time, melting and stirring after each addition.
- Plate chicken, top with one slice of cheese log and 2 to 3 ounces of sauce.