Country Rib “Pseudo Sausage”
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entrees
- 12 ounces Country style ribs or blade-end loin chops, bone removed
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon each of onion powder, oregano, dried basil, dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted fennel seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Cut the ribs or loin into long strips ⅛-inch wide and then across the strips to produce ⅛-inch cubes.
- Once the cubes are cut, place in a bowl and mix with all the other ingredients.
- Place in a sealed bag with no air and hold in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. This will ensure all the flavors meld into the meat and fat.
- After marinating, sauté the pork with1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil on high heat for 4 minutes, turning frequently to brown.
- After half cooked, pour ¼ cup water into the pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes more until tender and the water evaporates.
- Refrigerate and serve as needed.