Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entree
- 3 medium eggplants
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 ounce dried basil
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 48 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 ounce Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- Trim ends and peel the eggplant, and cut cross-wise into ¼-inch slices.
- Place on parchment-lined sheet pan and coat with cooking spray.
- Broil about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Turn the slices, spray again, and broil another 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove eggplant slices from broiler and sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese.
- Return to broiler, and broil until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove pan from broiler; let eggplant cool 5 minutes.
- Combine marinara sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Spread 16 ounces of sauce in bottom of hotel pan.
- Cover with noodles with half of the ricotta.
- Top with eggplant slices and cover eggplant with 8 ounces of sauce.
- Repeat noodle, sauce and ricotta layers.
- Finish with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 375 F oven for 40 minutes, or until heated through.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- For service, keep warm in the oven.
- Sauce individual portions, if needed, with about 2 ounces.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Place on sizzle platter and bake until cheese is melted.
- Plate and garnish with fresh basil or parsley.