Melanzane con Mozzarella
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound dry rotini pasta
- 1 large fresh eggplant, diced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 cups chunky marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh-diced buffalo mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water while sautéing the eggplant in the olive oil, adding the garlic after a couple of minutes.
- When the eggplant is tender, add the hot, drained pasta and hot marinara.
- At the very last moment, toss in the diced mozzarella and plate this dish up.
- Garnish with the Parmesan and torn basil leaves.