Spring Lemon Garlic Penne
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entree
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces cooked penne rigate
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice, divided
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shaved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté asparagus, garlic, rosemary and crushed red pepper until asparagus turns bright green.
- Add tomato and continue to cook until slightly soft.
- Add penne, Parmesan, lemon juice and half of the lemon zest, 2 tablespoons olive oil and chicken stock.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Plate pasta and top with chicken, Parmesan, parsley, pinch of lemon zest, salt and pepper.