Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 12 sheets (7x31/2) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix and set aside.
- Sauté peppers, onion, garlic and oil.
- Set aside to cool, then add carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach, sauce, parsley, salt, sugar, basil and oregano.
- Spread about 1 cup of sauce across bottom of pan (size 13x9x2).
- Cover with three sheets pasta.
- Spread 1½ cup sauce over pasta.
- Spoon and spread ⅓ of ricotta mixture over sauce, then sprinkle ¼ of mozzarella/Romano over ricotta mixture and sauce.
- Repeat with pasta, sauce, ricotta and mozzarella/Romano, making two more layers in the same manner.
- End with a layer of pasta. Sprinkle the top layer of pasta with the remaining mozzarella and Romano.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and tent it to prevent it from touching the top layer.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional sauce and grated Parmesan.