Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 habanero peppers, finely chopped
- ¾ cup thick salsa
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- In a sauté pan set over medium heat, warm the oil for one minute.
- Add the ground beef, cumin, salt, onion and habanero.
- Cook and stir until the beef is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up the beef. Pour off any excess fat from the pan.
- Spread the salsa over the crust.
- Sprinkle the black beans evenly over the salsa.
- Spread on the ground beef.
- Combine the two cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro. Bake.