Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 12-inch pizza shell
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella (low-moisture, part-skim)
- 14 ounces of ground beef, patted as thinly as possible, cooked through, fat drained (this prep can be done a few hours ahead)
- 12-13 thin slices of fresh Roma or plum tomatoes
- 4 ounces shredded American cheese, combined with
- 4 ounces of shredded provolone or cheddar
- Spread the slices of mozzarella evenly over the crust, overlapping slices if necessary.
- Lay the cooked beef patty on top of the cheese (the patty will have cooked down to about 12 ounces, but the idea here is that the beef patty be large enough to go almost to the edge of the pizza shell).
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on top of the meat.
- Sprinkle on the shredded American and provolone cheeses. Bake.