East Coast Clam Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizzas
- 1 proprietary thin crust dough ball weighing 9 ounces
- 20-25 fresh, large hard-shell clams, shucked in the juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3.5 ounces coarsely grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat a deck oven to between 600 and 630 F.
- Roll the thin crust dough out into a 14-inch round.
- Strain the clams from the juice and place around the pizza dough.
- Spread the minced garlic on the clams.
- Spread the Romano cheese across the pizza.
- Pour a 3 tablespoon “rope” of extra virgin olive oil across the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is firm, crispy and exhibits a nice char and leoparding on the bottom.
- Pull the pizza from the oven and toss the parsley across the round. Eat immediately.