Fig and Gorgonzola Pizza with Prosciutto di Parma
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 16 ounces proprietary pizza dough
- 3 ounces aged mozzarella
- 2½ ounces Gorgonzola
- 8 dollops of jarred fig jam or house-made fig jam
- 1 handful of baby arugula (approximately 1½ cups)
- 6 to 8 slices of thinly-sliced Prosciutto di Parma
- 3 large figs cut into approximately 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons of half-crushed Marcona almonds
- 4 to 6 more dollops of diluted fig jam
- 1 “rope” of extra virgin olive oil
- Create a 12-inch disc using your proprietary dough and place the mozzarella and gorgonzola on the disc.
- Place into a 550 to 600 F oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pull from the oven and dollop the fig jam on the pizza. Return to oven.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted along with the jam.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the arugula on top of the pizza, spreading evenly across the whole top.
- Grab each slice of prosciutto and twist to place in a “spoke-wheel” pattern atop the pizza. (You can also place the slices flat across the whole pie.)
- Place the fig wedges across the pizza and then sprinkle with the almonds.
- Dollop more fig jam and swirl with the extra virgin olive oil.