Four-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 1 19-ounce dough ball
- ¾ cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- ½ block of mozzarella cut into ½-inch thick, 4 inches in length pieces
- ½ cup shredded Provolone
- ¼ cup finely shredded Asiago
- ¼ cup grated Romano
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
- Mix provolone, Asiago and Romano to create a blend.
- Mix butter and garlic and set aside.
- Stretch dough to 14- to 16-inch circle.
- Lay the mozzarella strips around the crust, about ½-inch from the edge, so that they touch edge to edge.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cheese blend over mozzarella strips.
- Fold the crust over the cheese and press and seal the edges all around. The pizza will now be about 12 inches in diameter.
- Ladle sauce and spread over the crust.
- Distribute shredded mozzarella and remaining cheese blend evenly over pie.
- Brush the stuffed crust with garlic butter.
- Bake until crispy and golden.
- Finish with more garlic butter over stuffed crust.
- Cut and serve.