Bluegrass Bourbon Wings
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 3 whole limes
- ½ cup Kentucky bourbon
- ¼ ounce fresh thyme
- ¾ ounces fresh rosemary
- ¾ ounces fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper, pinch
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion
- Quarter the limes and squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- Add the bourbon and mix together.
- Add the lime-bourbon mixture to a food processor along with the thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper and olive oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the marinade to the wings and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and bake at 450 F until browned and cooked through (20 to 30 minutes).
- While the wings are cooking, roast the Vidalia onion in a pan.
- When the wings are finished, add to the pan with the roasted onion and serve.